Fastpitch News has released its 2017 FPN NCAA DII Pitching and Offensive All-American Selections. Below you will find our Pitcher of the Year, Player of the year and our full list of All-Americans.
Fastpitch News NCAA DII 2017 Pitcher of the Year
Coley Ries (41-3)
Minnesota State University – Mankato
Ries was a major reason the Mavericks captured their first ever NCAA DII Softball national championship this past weekend. The senior was outstanding all season long posting a 41-3 record with 476 strikeouts over 294.2 innings pitched. She held opposing hitters to just a.148 average and walked just 66. During the year she threw 36 complete games and picked up five saves.
Fastpitch News NCAA DII 2017 Offensive Player of the Year
Bannister, currently ranks in Division II’s top 10 in several offensive categories, including an NCAA-best 71 RBI. The third baseman finished the season with a single-season UAH record .482 batting average while collecting 18 doubles and 21 home runs. Bannister slugged .906 and drew 30 walks, which attributed to her .545 on-base percentage.
First Team Pitchers
- Coley Ries, Minnesota St.
- Kayla Robins, Chowan
- Emmie Robertson, Pittsburg St.
- Brandy Marlett, Angelo St.
- Autumn Humes, Harding
Second Team Pitchers
- Jessica Yost, Bemidji St.
- Kylee Smith, North Georgia
- Jalissa Gum, Arkansas Tech
- Lacie Rinus, Carson-Newman
- Sydney Ponto, Caldwell
Honorable Mention Pitchers
- Maddie Williams, Humboldt St.
- Lyndsay Butler, Wayne St. (MI)
- Jayden Chestnut, Central Okla.
- Amanda Houck, West Chester
- Allison Lipovsky, Grand Valley St.
- Taylor Brandts, UVa-Wise
- Claire Miller, Southwest Baptist
- Hannah Vet, West Va. Wesleyan
- Mckenzie Surface, Colorado Mesa
- Mckenna Larsen, Winona St.
First Team Offense All-Americans
- Kaitlyn Bannister, Ala.-Huntsville
- Sarah Kennedy, Augustana (SD)
- Kailyn Campbell, Central Wash.
- Brenna Martini, Adelphi
- Malea Maye, Albany St. (GA)
- Christa Reisinger, Truman
- Maddie Dow, Southern Ark.
- Marisa Monasseri, Caldwell
- Julia Garcia, Cal St. Monterey Bay
- Brooke Hodgson, Colorado Mesa
Second Team Offensive All-Americans
- Stephanie Hartness, North Georgia
- Ashley Hardin, West Tex. A&M
- Chelsea Hall, Claflin
- Jess Meidl, Minnesota St.
- Rosa’Lynn Burton, Wilmington (DE)
- Mariah Jameyson, Tex. A&M-Commerce
- Brooke Goad, Southern Ark.
- Sydney Beuthien, Lubbock Christian
- Tyler Hays, Adams St.
- Toni Coleman, Albany St. (GA)
- Angelique Elemen, Fort Lewis
- Jordan Grant, Minot St.
- Meredith Daunhauer, Ky. Wesleyan
- Desiray Sturgeon, Lane
- Erin Boone, Lenoir-Rhyne
- Serena Olson, Mo.-St. Louis
- Nicole Nordie, Texas Woman’s
- Haleigh Christopher, Charleston (WV)
- Courtney Case, Le Moyne
- Jessica Mohl, Valdosta St.