Photo Courtesy of LSU Athletics
Player of the Week
Allison Falcon • LSU
Senior • Donaldsonville, La.
• Allison Falcon hit .750 in a 3-1 week for the Tigers where the team earned its first series win of the season over No. 2 Tennessee at home.
• Falcon had a hit in all four games for LSU, with two multi-hit outings where she had an on-base percentage of .800 and 1.125 slugging percentage.
• Against the Warhawks, tshe hit her sixth home run of the season on a 2-for-3 outing with two runs scored.
• She earned her sixth multi-RBI contest of the year going 2-for-2 with three RBI, including driving in two on a single in the fifth to put the game away for good, and a run scored in the series clincher against Tennessee.
• Falcon earned two walks and did not strike out in eight total at-bats.
Pitcher of the Week
Tori Finucane • Missouri
Freshman • Germantown, Md.
• Finucane went 2-0 in two complete games at SEC foe Mississippi State, racking up more than a strikeout per inning and holding the Bulldogs to just one run in 14.0 innings of work.
• Struck out 16 batters and 11 hits while compiling a 0.50 ERA in the series.
• Powered past her previous career-high of nine strikeouts, which she’d hit three times this season, for 12 strikeouts in the 6-0 shutout of MSU on April 4.
• Her 12 strikeouts against the Bulldogs were the most for a Mizzou pitcher since April 19, 2013 (Chelsea Thomas at LSU, 13).
• Her shutout win on April 4 was the fourth of her freshman season, a complete game in which she also issued zero walks.
• Battled against Mississippi State for her second win of the weekend (April 5), the series clincher, scattering nine hits and allowing just one run to the home squad.
Freshman of the Week
Shannon Smith • Kentucky
P • Milford, Mass.
• Smith was huge for Kentucky over the weekend, throwing 6.1 scoreless innings against the highly ranked Aggies, allowing only two hits with seven strikeouts.
• Came out of the bullpen to pitch five scoreless innings on Friday night with two hits allowed and five strikeouts.
• Followed that performance with her first career save on Sunday, coming on in a one-run game in the sixth inning with runners on second and third with two outs and getting a foul out to end the threat.
• Struck out two batters in the seventh inning to seal the UK win.
• Her performance over the week was critical for Kentucky due to the limited availability of senior pitcher Lauren Cumbess.
• Is averaging over a strikeout per inning pitched, which is the best on UK’s staff.